Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rockets

Of course, with boys, we had to do Rockets during R week.

DSC00997

  • Balloon Rocket Experiment
    1. We did a little rocket experiment outside. You can click on the link for instructions but basically you put vinegar (I only had apple cider vinegar that's why the funny color) in the bottom of a pop bottle.
    2. Then fill a deflated balloon with baking soda.
    3. Attach the balloon to the top of the bottle, then dump in the baking soda.
    4. The bubbles start to fill the balloon and inflate it. I wish it would have blown up the balloon a little more, but it was still fun to watch.DSC00990
  • Then for a fun treat, we made Rolo Rockets.
    1. I cut a circle with a slit and rolled it up for the tip (hot glue works great to attach it)
    2. Then cut out three fins and glue them to the bottom. Simple, easy, cute ... and tasty.

DSC02520

DSC05066  DSC05064 

  • Stomp Rockets … so much fun to get out and get moving! My kids played with these at the school’s field day. I decided to order one here ($15 on Amazon). We took it to the park, put it together in two minutes and the kids loved it. They jump on the air bubble (does it have a real name?!) and the rockets shoot waaaaay up in the air. So much fun! I got the Stomp Rocket Jr. Glow Kit and the four rockets are all foam and very durable. We did get one stuck in the top of a tree. A GREAT addition or wrap-up to your rocket day!

6 comments:

  1. Lindsy, I love these rockets! I'm sure my kids would get the biggest kick out of that balloon experiment and those rolo rockets are adorable!

    Thanks so much for linking up to my Summer Fun party!

    Laura @ Come Together Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the balloon experiment with my son a while ago but love the idea to put the baking soda in the balloon...so much easier than pouring it into the bottle and rushing to put the balloon on in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up to my Summer Fun party. I just included your cool rocket project in my Five Fun Ideas with Science and Nature post.

    http://cometogetherkids.blogspot.com/2011/06/five-fun-ideas-with-science-and-nature.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lindsy!

    Loved this unique approach to the age-old baking soda/vinegar experiment and featured it at my blog, Kindergarten Lesson Plans! We were sure to give idea/photo credit, as well as a link back to your blog, but we'd love for you to take a look at it and, if there are any problems, we'll be sure to take the feature down immediately!

    Thanks so much!
    Kayla Johnson
    http://kindergartenlessonplans.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helo there! thank you so much for linking to my preschool rocket science page! I so love the picture of the boy with the balloon! Wishing you all the success with the site! Will definitely check on your site often!

    rgds,
    selvi @ Amazing-Preschool-Activites.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love Stomp Rockets too. I love all the wonderful things you did with rockets.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...