Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Horseshoes

DSC02900
  • Play a game of Horseshoes! … I taught my 6-year-old how to play horseshoes this afternoon and he loved it. I have to admit my 3-year-old didn’t care much for the rules, he just liked throwing the horseshoes and running to grab them. Our rules are simple but I don’t know if they’re even close to the real rules Smile with tongue out 
DSC02904  DSC02903
    1. If you ring the horseshoe around the stake (left picture), you get 2 points.
    2. If it lands within a horseshoe-width of the stake (right picture) you get 1 point.
    3. First person to 11 points wins! Adding up the points was actually great math practice too.
NOTE: I found this horseshoe set in the Dollar Spot at Target ($2.50). The stakes that came with it fell apart after the first use, so we pounded in some metal stakes. Much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...