Okay, these taste just as delicious as they look. My kids love helping me in the kitchen and they had a ball helping me sprinkle chocolate chip seeds onto their waffles.
- Watermelon Waffles
- Watermelon Slice Dice Game
- Let the kids paint a paper plate to resemble a watermelon. Red in the middle and green around the rim. Let dry.
- Draw lines and let the kids slice (cut with scissors) their watermelon into 6 big slices.
- Glue 1-6 black seeds (black pom-poms, black paper dots from a hole punch or anything else you can think of) on each slice. I’m sure you get the idea … one slice has 1 seed, next slice has 2 seeds, next has 3 seeds … up to 6.
- Playing the game … take turns rolling a die. If you roll a three (help count the dots) remove the slice with 3 seeds from your watermelon. You can even pretend to eat it. Keep playing until all of the slices have been eaten!