This is a simple project, fun for the kids and perfect for the 4th of July (or just learning about stars & stripes during S week).
- Supplies Needed …
- 1 piece of white cardstock
- 7 red paper stripes
- 1 blue rectangle
- lots of shiny star stickers
- Show the kids an example of an American flag. Point out the red and white stripes, the blue rectangle in the corner and the stars on the blue.
- Using a glue stick, help them glue their red stripes on the paper first … spacing them evenly enough all the way down.
- Next, add the blue rectangle to the top, left corner
- Finish by decorating with star stickers. There are several to choose from here!
NOTE: As you can see from the pictures, my 2-year-old wanted to make the flag his own way. I’m glad now that I just let him be creative and do it his way. He loved it and it was still a great decoration for the 4th of July
- Listen to The Star-Spangled Banner while you make this project! (click on the blue link. Click on the play button in the right-hand column under the Star-Spangled Banner lyrics)
Linking to: Summertime Fun Party