Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bears

Since it’s B week here, I thought I’d re-post one of our favorite B days … Bears! This could easily take two days, but I usually pick and choose different activities each year. I updated some pictures and activities from this year and made the Goldilocks page a PDF for easier printing.

Enjoy your B week!    Lindsy


 

  • Have a picnic with teddy bears
    1. Find all the teddy bears in your house.
    2. Spread out a blanket (inside or out)
    3. Have a snack and read stories!

     

  • Read "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" … several great versions are available here(my favorite), hereand here (lift-the-flap).  
    1. Give the kids a paper with three bowls (papa size, mama size & baby bear size), three chairs, & three beds. Feel free to use the one I put together below!
      image
    2. Give them three teddy grahams.
    3. As the kids help re-tell the story, move the bear from picture to picture showing how they found the bowls of porridge, the chairs and finally the beds.
    4. Then eat the bears and color the page!

  • Watch Goldilocks & the Three Bears
    1. These Scholastic Storybook Treasures DVDs are great!
    2. This DVD has “beary” adorable tales including Goldilocks and the Three Bears (James Marshall's version, click link to see the book).
    3. I found the book and this DVD at our library. You can also get it here!

DSC02562

  • Read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle. Available here. Print & cut out this clipart (click the link, then scroll to the bottom) of each animal in story. Have the kids pick out the animal that goes along with the story. Tell it again & let the kids mix up the story. My 3-year-old loved this!

DSC05518

  • Pudding Finger Painting
    1. Give kids an outline of a bear (click the picture or link) & a small cup of chocolate pudding.
    2. Let them finger paint the bear brown & let dry.
    3. Add googly eyes!
  • Hibernation Game
    1. Briefly explain that bears hibernate or sleep during the winter.
    2. In an open area, play upbeat music and have the kids dance to the beat.
    3. After a short time, stop the music and call out "Hibernate!"
    4. Have the kids lie down and pretend to fall asleep.
    5. Restart the music and call out "Spring is here!" Play again and again!

snack idea: teddy grahams or gummy bears

3 comments:

  1. oh my, how fun! I love the pudding paint! So many fun ways to explore bears and favorite bear stories.

    would love for you to you to link this up as well to the Sunday Showcase - http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    Bern

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Goldilocks bowls, chairs, and beds page. But i could not get it to print from you site. When I clicked on it, it took me to a page that wanted me to subscribe and pay. Is there some way for me to get it for free?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brianna, thanks for letting me know. I just uploaded it in Google Docs so you should be able to get to it now. Let me know if you ever have any other problems with other pages!
    Lindsy

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...