- Read “One Rainy Day” by M. Christina Butler … Little Hedgehog is very excited to hear rain outside. He can finally use his shiny new umbrella. But soon the rain shower turns into a storm and Little Hedgehog’s rainy day turns into a great big adventure!
- Umbrella Song … a fun song to get the wiggles out. Sung to the tune of Looby Loo. Click here for music.
We put our umbrellas up. (Circle arms overhead.)
- Paint an Umbrella … I’ve been wanting to try this painting technique. I think a rainy day umbrella would be perfect!
- Print the umbrella picture above from Twisty Noodle.
- Let them draw a few rain drops on the page.
- Pour condensed milk into sections of an ice cube tray.
- Drop several drops of food coloring in each section & mix!
- Use a paintbrush to paint your umbrella different colors.
- Dries shiny and smooth like a wet umbrella!
- Umbrella Walk
- Dress up in your rain boots and rain coat.
- Grab your umbrella and go for a walk … even if it’s not raining
- U is for Umbrella tracing page … a perfect tracing page from First School.
- Snack Idea … Add a couple of these umbrella picks to your snack plate! I also just saw these at Dollar Tree.
- Treat Idea … how cute are these umbrella cookies from Family Fun. Made from sugar cookies and bendy straws!