We decided to try this idea I saw over at Preschool Playbook. So simple and so useful! You could use it during B week for birds, C week for Cheerios or O week for circle shapes (it’s also winter by the time we make it to O week and the birds are hungrier!)
- Let the kids each choose their favorite pipe cleaner color. I found these fun stripy ones at Joann for $0.99.
- Loop and twist the end (keeps the cheerios from sliding off)
- Let the kids thread Cheerios (or other O-shaped cereal) on the pipe cleaner.
- Loop and twist the other end.
- Hang on a branch outside!