Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mud

DSC02542
  • If you’re brave enough, let the kids make a mud puddle and play in the mud. My boys love playing in the mud. I just leave the kiddie pool out and they wash up with the hose when they’re finished.
  • Read "Mud" by Mary Lyn Ray (point out the green grass poking up through the mud.)
mud
  • Place soil in a plastic tub. Let the kids help add water to the soil to make mud. Let them explore the mud with small plastic gardening tools.
  • While the kids are gone, mix grass seed with the mud. After a few days, the kids will notice the green grass beginning to poke through just like the story. Let the grass grow!
snack idea: chocolate pudding with chocolate cookie crumbs (I put chocolate graham crackers in the food processor for fine crumbs).

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I just started planning my ABC activities for my little man. He's still young, but showing an interest in letters. Anyways, I was thinking about the pudding and oreos for the letter Dd for dirt, but now I might save it for Mm for mud! I thought it would be cute to make a little tray of it and let him run some trucks in it, while he snacks. (messy fun) I'm stopping over from Preschool Playbook- you have a great blog here! :)

    Jen
    Creative and Curious Kids!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...