- Make Sweet & Scary Hands
- Wash your hands with soap and water!
- Put one candy corn into the tip of each finger of a clear plastic glove.
- Fill the glove with popped popcorn & tie off with a ribbon.
- Play "What is it?" … my 3-year-old loves playing this over and over!!
- Fill a bowl or small box with random objects around the house.
- Cover with a cloth & let the kids reach in and try to guess what the object is by feeling with their hands.
- Freeze water in a plastic glove to make a hand ice cube.
- Trace your hands on a piece of paper.
- Sing "Sticky Hands"
- Tell the kids that your hands are very sticky. Stand with your hands on your hips and pretend they are stuck there!
- With hands stuck, sing the song below. Then "unstick" your hands with exaggerated motions and "accidentally" get them stuck somewhere else.
- Sing the song again, remove your sticky hands as before and repeat!
Oh, my hands are sticky, sticky as can be.
Now my sticky, sticky hands are stuck on me!
Oh, whatever should I do
To get rid of all this goo?
So my hands will not be stuck - they will be free.
*Sung to "If You're Happy and You Know It"
- Use your hands to read several touch & feel books
- Make your own Touchy Feely Pages
- Draw a simple fish, bird, & bear shape on a piece of paper.
- Have the kids color the animals, then use glue to put sequins (scales) on the fish, craft feathers on the bird, and brown felt (fur) on the bear.
- Feel them!
Snack idea: Sweet & Scary hands (see above)