I love fun, cool treats in the summer time. This one takes a little time, but it tastes so good and looks great … especially with a big dollop of whipped cream on top! My kids love to help pour, mix and measure while we make this.
Rainbow Jell-O Treat
- 1 3oz. box of Jell-O (for each flavor) … strawberry, orange, lemon, lime, blueberry & grape
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- Dissolve grape Jell-O (or any flavor first) in 1 cup boiling water (microwave for 2-3 minutes). Mix well.
- Divide equally in 2 small bowls.
- In one bowl, add 1/3 cup yogurt. Mix well with a wire whisk.
- Pour into a clear, glass 9x13 dish & chill.
- Add 3 Tbls. water to the other bowl, stir, and let sit outside of the fridge while the other layer gets firm.
- When firm, add the clear layer & chill.
- Repeat with all other flavors.
I’m trying to decide how to do this for a 4th of July dessert …
I would do a few layers of red and white and a layer of blueberry on top. But how would you do the white layers. Does Jell-O come in a plain flavor?! Or maybe I’ll just do strawberry and blueberry layers with a big scoop of whipped cream on top for the white. Hmmmm. I’ll have to go check out the Jell-O aisle next time I’m at the store. Let me know if you have any ideas!