Monday, May 23, 2011

Colorful Sunny Eggs

DSC05224

Well, I apologize for the picture Smile Actually I think my 2-year-old took it and I’m glad he did because I forgot to. These pretty, colorful eggs are easy to make and are really amazing.

  1. Give the kids a sheet of wax paper.
  2. Pick out 3 or 4 light-colored crayons and peel the paper off. They seemed to work better and were prettier with the sunlight coming through.
  3. Use a pencil sharpener to to make lots of crayon shavings. Just let them drop right onto the wax paper.
  4. Carefully move the wax paper (with the crayon shavings) to your ironing board.
  5. Cover with another sheet of wax paper, then with a large piece of paper. Make sure it’s totally covered because you don’t want wax paper or crayon shavings on your iron!
  6. Turn the steam OFF and lightly move the iron around to melt the crayon shavings. It doesn’t take very long. The longer you melt them, the more they run together.
  7. Let the colors cool off, then draw an egg shape with a sharpie.
  8. Cut out the egg and hang it in a sunny spot. They really are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...