Thursday, August 29, 2019

Preschool storage and organization

I have been adding to my preschool stash since I started in about 2012. To get me started, Lindsy, the creator of Preschool Alphabet blog and my sister, sent me a photo box and a 2” binder, both full of preschool things I could do with my oldest son, then 2 years old.

She got me hooked and started in the right direction. Now I have drawers and tubs and binders and bookshelves FULL of preschool things, as I now have four kids, two of which are still at home doing preschool with me!

So what do I do with all this stuff?

  • BINDERS
I have since expanded from the one 2” binder I started with into six 2" binders, and can see myself adding more!

SET UP:
    • Dividers for each binder, labeled with a letter of the alphabet
    • After each divider, add sheet protectors for each specific theme for that letter.
          *In the sheet protectors I put:
      • laminated or reusable papers
      • Extra copies of printed papers
      • Magazine articles or pictures
      • Extra materials for activities
      • Stickers
      • essentially anything flat that will fit!
    • Label the outside of each binder with the letters/holidays it includes!

  • DRAWERS
I upgraded from the one photo box my sister gave me in the beginning to a few sets of plastic drawers (the kind you find on sale during back-to-school). I use these to store small but still bulkier items that wont fit in a binder.

SET UP:
  • Dividers for each drawer. Nothing fancy here, I use pieces of cardboard with the letters written on them.
  • After each divider, put items like small toys, craft items, or dollar store finds that you use for each theme of that letter.

 I have a separate set of drawers just for Holiday and party themes as well.

  • PLASTIC TUBS/BINS
Lots of sizes of plastic tubs!

  • Small Tubs: 
    • I use their smaller tubs, about 6 quart, to store crayons, glue, markers, scissors, dot stampers, etc. We pull these out almost daily and it’s easy for set up and clean up.
    • I also use these small bins for sensory play. Fill it 1/4 way with rice, beans, wheat, oatmeal, or sand. Then add themed items, spoons, cars, etc to play with in the bins.
  • Large Tubs:

  • BOOKSHELF
I feel like this one is pretty self explanatory.
  • You need a bookshelf for your binders and for all the fun preschool books you have or borrow from the library!
  • It also helps to put the smaller tubs in one spot on a shelf so the kids can help set up and clean up preschool too!
  • Store other items you use to aid with preschool:

**I have a video of my set up on Instagram (under my story highlights, titled "Get Organized")


What do you do for your preschool storage and organization at home? 



-Kiley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...