Monday, December 3, 2012

K is for {Chocolate} Kisses!

DSC02806

  • Read The Biggest Kiss by Joanna Walsh & Judi Abbott
    1. A very cute story about lots of different kisses!
    2. I love the illustrations.

DSC02804 

  • Preschool Journal K Page
    1. Practice writing Kk and “Kiss”
    2. Put kiss stickers all over the page
    3. Or put on red lipstick and kiss the page!

 DSC02777  DSC02781

  • Memory Match Kiss Game … A fun twist on one of our favorite games. Inspiration here.
    • Use dot stickers to put matching labels on the bottom of several Hershey’s kisses. We did matching pairs of all the letters A-K.
    • Use the kisses to play a game of memory match

DSC02797

  • Kiss Number Line … a simple introduction to adding and subtracting using a number line. Original idea found here
    • Have the kids write 1-10 on blank kisses
    • Glue in order on a long strip of paper.
    • Give simple addition or subtraction problems. Use chocolate kisses to move up and down the number line.

DSC02786

  • Chocolate Kiss Drawings … a fun idea we found here
    • Use a sturdy white paper plate. I found that a plain paper plate worked much better than the glossy finish.
    • Use the tip of a Hershey’s kiss to draw a chocolatey picture.

image

  • Christmas Kiss ABC Game
    • Print out the Christmas tree game here.
    • You’ll need a big bowl of Hershey’s kisses (at least 26 for each preschooler)
    • Use a set of A-Z letter tiles, or magnet letters or letter cards.
    • Have the kids choose a letter and say it’s name.
    • Cover the matching letter on their Christmas tree with a kiss.
    • Continue until all the letters are covered and you have a glimmering, chocolately Christmas tree!

DSC02801

  • Christmas Kiss Countdown … a tradition around here Smile
    • Use the same Christmas tree game and kisses from above.
    • Hot glue the kisses to the tree. I put a dot of hot glue in each circle and the kids carefully put a chocolate kiss on the glue.
    • Hang up your Christmas countdown! My kids get to choose one kiss each day after their morning jobs are done.
    • See another version we’ve done in the past here.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much..this is exactly what I have been looking for my kiddo. I am starting the december calendar this week. Question: I noticed that the calendars are organized for last year, which is fine, I can still use them, but will there be current calendars available? Just wondering so I can plan. Thanks a bunch
    Jessica McCall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica, I'm not doing new calendars for this year. I figured everyone could adapt the calendars from last year and add any new activities they like. I may do new ones next year (they're a lot of work!) :) Enjoy your December activities!

      Delete

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...