Monday, October 14, 2019

B is for Birds

  • Story and Bird search
    1. We read Ruby’s Birds by Mya Thompson
    2. Then we went on a walk/hike to listen and watch for birds.
      • I wish I would have made them keep track of how many birds we saw and how many we heard. That would have been good tally practice!

  • Feather Counting
    1. With laminated birds, have your preschooler tell you the number that is on it and add that many feathers.
      *(I can’t find the original of these, and can’t even remember if I made them or if I got them from someone else!) 

  • Book and Rhyming
    1. We read Wings by Cheryl B. Klein, it is a book written only with words that rhyme with “wings” 
    2. Get some letters out and practice sounding out and rhyming “-ings” words.

  • Playdoh egg counting
    1. Use this bird’s nest playdoh mat
    2. Make playdoh “eggs” (roll playdoh in a ball)
    3. Write or put a number in the square on the bottom right of the mat (printed from above), and have your preschooler count out that many eggs to put in the nest.


***Find a lot more Birds preschool activities here or on our instagram account (saved in our highlights under “Bb”)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...