We did this project totally out of order in 2010 but it would be great for S week (even if it's not snowing outside anymore!) winter or Christmas. They turned out so cute!
- Cut out:
- 3 white circles ... large, medium, small
- 1 square & 1 oval ... any color for the top hat
- 2 rectangles ... make one longer than the other for the scarf. I also fringed it a little at one end
- 1 orange triangle ... for the nose
- Let the kids glue the shapes onto blue paper to build a snowman.
- Then we added eyes and a mouth and some snow with a white crayon.
- The best part was gluing on all of the snowman's buttons. My 3-year-old liked lots of buttons :)
Here are this year’s snowmen. So cute! Buttons were still the favorite part! I love the huge snowflakes my 4-year-old drew with his white crayon.