Great to use for G week (grow grass) or S week (seeds, soil).
- Let the kids decorate their cup with a face. Googly eyes always make it more fun. I like planting the seeds in clear cups so we can watch the roots growing too.
- Fill the cup about 2/3 full with dirt.
- Sprinkle grass seeds on top and covered with a little more soil.
- Water until moist with a squirt bottle and sit in a sunny window.
- Don't forget to give them a little spritz when they start looking dry.
- We talked about what seeds need to grow ... soil, water, sunlight.
It took about 1 week exactly to start seeing tiny sprouts, then in another week, they were getting very tall! The kids think it's fun to give them a haircut every now and then too.