- Read several versions of Three Little Kittens and wear winter mittens while you read the stories!
“Oh mother dear, we sadly fear, that we have lost our mittens!”
- Gather several different pairs of mittens. Hide the mittens (they’re lost!) around the room and then find the matches.
“Put on your mittens you silly kittens, and you shall have some pie.”
- Make simple pudding pies & eat with your mittens on!
- Crust: Combine 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar and 6 Tbls melted butter.
- Press into a pie plate or into individual dessert cups.
- Bake at 375 for 7 minutes or chill for 1 hour (unbaked).
- Filling: Mix up a box of instant chocolate pudding.
- Spoon pudding into crust!
“The three little kittens they washed their mittens and hung them out to dry.”
- Use a different colored paper for each child, trace around both of their hands in a mitten shape (like above without the individual fingers).
- Give them little scissors and let them cut the mittens out.
- Practice writing a large letter K (for kittens, or M for mittens) on each mitten.
- Make a simple clothesline. I just tied string from one pushpin to another on the wall.
- Use clothespins (mini ones worked great) to hang your mittens out to dry.