- Play Mmmmm Donuts!
- Cut 10 donuts shapes from colored paper or craft foam (all different colors).
- Spread them on the floor.
- Sing this rhyme song and have the kids run to pick up the right color donut and pretend to eat it!
- If they’re a little older, have them write down the color names they collected after the game is over.
Down around the corner at the bakery shop,
There were (#) little donuts with sugar on top!
Along came (Name) all alone,
And he took the (Color) one home!
(See a cute video of this song and game at Little Hands, Big Work)
- String donuts from the ceiling and try to eat them without using your hands.
- Playdoh Donuts
- Roll out playdoh until it’s nice and flat
- Use a large circle and small circle (cup or cookie cutters) to make donuts for your playdoh donut shop!
- Sugar Cookie Donuts
- Make sugar cookie dough, roll out and cut into donut shapes.
- After they’re cooled, frost and decorate with sprinkles.