- Learn the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme.
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king’s horses and all the king’s men
Couldn’t put Humpty together again.
- Let Humpty Dumpty Fall!
- Build a wall out of blocks.
- Use a sharpie to draw Humpty’s face on a real raw egg and set him at the top of the wall.
- Place a container at the bottom (or clean up a mess afterwards!)
- Ask the kids what will happen when the egg falls.
- Say the rhyme and let him fall!
- Ask why Humpty couldn't be put back together again.
- My kids love doing this a few times, so we usually end up having scrambled eggs for lunch Poor Humpty.
- Put Humpty Dumpty together again!
- Use a large egg cut-out to learn Humpty Dumpty.
- Draw a face on it.
- While the kids are playing (or napping?!!), cut Humpty into many pieces and hide them around the house.
- Let the kids find the pieces & fix Humpty using band-aids! This was actually a lot of fun!