- Play a listening game ... record sounds, then play them back & guess what they are.
- Guess the Sound
- Close eyes.
- Make different noises & see if the kids can guess what it is ... drum, water running, clap hands, whistle, phone buttons.
- Take turns and let them make some noises for you!
- Whistle Hide & Seek
- Give one person a whistle.
- Let them hide & blow the whistle until they are found!
- Listen Carefully!
- Set an egg timer for 3-5 minutes.
- Hide it somewhere in the room.
- Listen very quietly and try to find it.
- The nice thing is that it will ring loudly if they can’t find it!
- Go for a walk & listen to all the sounds outside. Come back & try to remember what sounds you heard.
- Sound parade
- Let the kids pick two utensils (metal or wooden spoons, metal whisk, tongs, whatever) or a bowl or pot and let them make noise!
Photo from www.allrecipes.com