We had to include worms this week. We read a non-fiction book about worms from the library. Now we know:
- Worms don’t have eyes
- They do have mouths at the end of their body.
- They eat dirt and leaves
- They dig tunnels in the dirt
- They like it wet.
- Frogs, fish and birds like to eat worms.
Pick a book with lots of pictures, those are the best. I told my 3-year-old he could go dig worms in the dirt … when Dad gets home.
- Finger Puppet Birds
- Print out these birds on sugardoodle.net. Click the link.
- Cut out the openings.
- The kids can stick their little fingers in the holes for the beak.
- Birds eat Worms!
- Scatter gummy worms (those are my kind of worms) all over the floor
- Use the finger puppet birds to fly around the pick up the worms.
- Then eat them!
Snack Idea: Dirt cups (chocolate pudding with cookie crumbs on top and gummy worms in a cup)