We have a week and a half of summer left and are going to enjoy every minute of it, but I’m already gearing up for another year of preschool with my kids at home! I’ll be changing things up a little this year because my oldest preschooler will be five soon and he’s ready for more.
While I get things organized, I thought I’d share my checklist to get ready!
- Place Amazon Order … I just placed an order on Amazon for some fun preschool products I’m excited to use this year. I usually order any other books or stickers or things (like the plastic ants) that we’ll need for the coming weeks.
- washable markers
- a glue stick
- box of crayons
- a pencil or two.
- and I usually throw in a surprise treat for the first day.
- tIP: There are GREAT sales on school supplies right now! I stock up on crayons, paper, glue sticks and washable markers (trust me, just get the washable kind, even though they’re a little more expensive!)
- Decide on the themes I want each day for A week.
- If you need a schedule ready to go, my calendar for A-D (September) last year is here. Calendars for the rest of the year are listed on my sidebar.
- Links to all letter ideas here. I stick with one letter each week and one theme each day. Then I try to mix up the activities so we are reading every day and playing, writing, exploring and learning a lot!
- Go to the library … seriously, one of my favorite places. We are now well-stocked with letter A books Then read, read, read them! By the time A week comes, we’re ready to learn with some of our new favorite books.
- Put up an alphabet strip … I’m trying to decide where and how I want to put it up this year, but it will be up soon to get the kids excited.
- Organize preschool activity boxes … this is a whole post itself and I’m still getting my boxes together. I’ll post the details soon.
I try to keep it simple, but organized and fun I’d love to hear how you are getting organized and ready to start a new preschool year!