- Upside-Down around the House
- To start Upside-Down Day, I like to turn pictures and other things around the house upside-down. The kids love it when they spy something mixed-up and upside-down.
- Turn favorite teddy bears or dolls upside-down in their normal spot.
- Turn cups and plates upside-down on the lunch table.
- Turn a clock or calendar upside-down for the day
- Read “Inside, Outside, Upside Down” by Stan & Jan Berenstain
- Play Inside, Outside and … Upside Down? in a Box!
- Use a large box.
- Fold the top and bottom flaps inside making a sturdy tunnel.
- Play inside the box, outside the box and … upside-down is up to you!
- Sing “If You Change To Meet a Frown”
- Cut out 2 yellow circles.
- Have the kids draw the letter U on one circle.
- Draw an upside-down U on the other.
- Add two dots for eyes on each circle (making one smiley face and one frowny face.)
- Sandwich a craft stick between the two faces and glue together.
- Use your smiley/frowny face puppet to sing the song! Click here for words and music!
- Upside-Down Cups
- Draw a large U on a plastic cup.
- Add 2 eyes above and 2 eyes below.
- Show the kids how one way it is a smiley face. When they turn it upside-down it is a frowny face.
- Ask them several questions and let them decide which face to use:
- Do you like the color green?
- Do you like bananas?
- How do you feel when you read a story?
- Your sister shares her toy with you. How does that make you feel?
- How do you feel when you fall and bump your knee.
- Let your preschooler come up with some ideas!
- Strawberry Upside-Down Cake … what a fun cake to make from AllRecipes. When it’s finished baking, turn it upside-down onto a serving plate and add a little whipped cream! We made this and it is delicious and smells soooo good.
Strawberry Upside-Down Cake
2 cups crushed fresh strawberries
1 (6oz) package strawberry jello
3 cups mini marshmallows
1 (18oz) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared as directed on package
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread crushed strawberries on the bottom of a baking pan.
3. Evenly sprinkle strawberries with dry strawberry jello.
4. Top with mini marshmallows.
5. Prepare cake mix as directed on package and pour on top of the marshmallows.
6. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 40-50 minutes.
7. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edges to loosen sides and turn cake out onto a serving tray.
8. Top with whipped cream.