My favorite books and supplies to start our preschool year!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Lilly’s Chocolate Heart

lillys chocolate heart 

  • Read Lilly's Chocolate Heart by Kevin Henkes … available here. This book is really cute. I actually just ordered this boxed set here. Five Kevin Henkes books (including Lilly’s Chocolate Heart) for about $10!
    • Lilly has a special chocolate heart and she needs to find the perfect hiding spot for it. After trying several hiding places, the best spot is a tasty one! Simple text. Cute story!

imageimageimage

  • Search for chocolate hearts
    1. Need 26 wrapped chocolate hearts.
    2. Print out a page above from PreKinders (upper or lowercase). Print an extra page to use as a mark-off sheet.
      DSC08482
    3. Cut out and attach a letter heart to each chocolate candy.
    4. Hide the 26 hearts around the room.
      DSC08484
    5. Let the kids find a heart, identify the letter and color in the matching letter on the mark-off sheet. There are several ways to do this:
      • find the matching heart and color it in
      • find a heart, then write in the letter you found on the blank mark-off page
      • or simply find a heart and place it on top of the matching letter!
    6. When you’re done, you can eat one or two Smile

4 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for that! Have you read Owen's Marshmallow Chick? It's darling. I haven't read the others but the book we have is so dang cute I have to get that box set! For some reason Grant can relate to the Marshmallow Chick book and when he got a marshmallow chick at Easter he carried it around just like Owen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! It turned out great. I'd love for you to share it over at TGIF (http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties) I know my readers would love it too!!
    Have a GREAT weekend,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I host a weekly meme called Thematic Thursday. Each week has a theme and this would be perfect for this week's Valentine's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a spam issue on this website; I also am a blogger,
    and I was curious about your situation; many of us have developed some
    nice practices and we are looking to exchange methods with other folks,
    please shoot me an email if interested.

    Review my homepage Amino Muscle And Advanced Test O Boost

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...