- Read as many different versions of "The Gingerbread Man" as you can find!
- Gingerbread Colors
- Make several gingerbread man puppets in different colors (one gingerbread man is red, one is orange, one is blue, etc) on popsicle sticks.
- Click on the gingerbread man picture above to print it on several colors.
- Hold up one of the gingerbread puppets and have the kids run in place as you recite the rhyme below.
- Have them name the color and stop running! Continue with the rest of the colors.
Run, run, as fast as you can
Until you can name
The color I am!
- Make gingerbread cookies together. Decorate them to look like gingerbread men.
- Or have the kids play “Gingerbread Man: Made to Order”
- Have them guess how many M&Ms, gumdrops, red hots (or whatever decorations you’re using) it will take to decorate their gingerbread man.
- Write the number down
- Help them count out that many candies
- Decorate the gingerbread man!