My favorite books and supplies to start our preschool year!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkey Pretzel Cups

DSC07118 DSC07119

These were fun treats to make today. And simple too. Candy coated pretzel rods make a colorful (and tasty!) feather display in these cute turkey cups.

DSC07110

  • Make a turkey cup
    1. Cut out a brown paper turkey head (or skip this step and buy brown paper cups!)
    2. Glue on googly eyes
    3. Cut out and add a beak and waddle (that little red thing hanging down) Smile My kids cut out their own and I love how different they look!
    4. Use clear packing tape to attach your turkey head to the cup.

DSC07115

  • Dip the turkey feathers
    1. I used red, orange and yellow candy melts (found mine at Joann on sale for $2-something). Melt according to directions in separate bowls.
    2. Use the long pretzel rods.
      • TIP: They were a little too long and kept tipping the cups over, so I broke them in half before dipping.
    3. Dip the pretzels and cool on wax paper.

Fill your turkey cup with several colorful pretzel feathers. A fast, easy, and tasty decoration for your Thanksgiving table!

DSC07116DSC07124

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love it...we will be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know you can get the pretzel rods at Dollar Tree? I was happy to run into them there! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...