Monday, May 23, 2011

Worms

(26) spaghetti worms

  • Cooked spaghetti worms
    1. My kids loved playing with a bowl of cooked spaghetti and it makes great slimy, wiggly worms!
    2. Write the kid’s names on a piece of paper
    3. Then use the cooked spaghetti to trace the letters.
    4. Let them dry and you can carefully pick them up in their letter shapes!

(30)

  • Egg Carton Worm
    1. Using an egg carton, cut down the middle so you end up with a long egg carton “worm”.
    2. Give the kids several paint colors and let them paint each section of their “worm”
  • Sneaky Mr. Worm ... perform this rhyme 5 times, using the actions given.

[Five] shiny apples hanging from a tree

(Hold up five fingers … apples)

Teased Mr. Worm, “No, you won't get me!"

(Move hand from side to side)

Along comes Mr. Worm as sneaky as can be.

(Wiggle pointer finger on other hand.)

CRUNCH!

(Wrap pointer finger around an apple.)

He eats one apple - munch, munch, munch!

(Fold down one finger.)

  • Rubber band Worm Rhyme
    1. Cut a rubber band so it is long like a wiggly worm.
    2. Use the worms to say the rhyme to the beat! To the tune of “I’m a Little Teapot”

I'm a little earthworm in the ground

I love the soil and that's where I'm found.

I can wiggle waggle -- watch me go

Deeper, deeper down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...