Monday, May 30, 2011

Strawberries!

Since summer is just around the corner and official preschool at our house ended last week with letter Z, I decided to start posting summer and summer holiday projects and preschool-type activities!
To start, I love this idea from Laura at Come Together Kids …
Red, White, and Blue Strawberries.
How simple. How pretty. And how delicious! Perfect for the kids. Strawberries should be ready for u-pick around June 15th here (I called this morning hoping it would be earlier) and these will definitely be on the menu!
strawberries
We love going to U-PICK farms all through the summer and fall for berries, apples, and pumpkins. I use this site www.pickyourown.org to find great local u-pick farms. And I use it just as much to learn how to freeze and store what we do pick. Start here to select your state.
DSC01628DSC01633DSC01634

2 comments:

  1. That u-pick website is perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those strawberries look absolutely delicious! We went to the website and found the perfect place for berry picking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...