My favorite books and supplies to start our preschool year!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Strawberries!

Since summer is just around the corner and official preschool at our house ended last week with letter Z, I decided to start posting summer and summer holiday projects and preschool-type activities!

To start, I love this idea from Laura at Come Together Kids …

Red, White, and Blue Strawberries.

How simple. How pretty. And how delicious! Perfect for the kids. Strawberries should be ready for u-pick around June 15th here (I called this morning hoping it would be earlier) and these will definitely be on the menu!

strawberries

Red, White and Blue Strawberries @ Come Together Kids

We love going to U-PICK farms all through the summer and fall for berries, apples, and pumpkins. I use this site www.pickyourown.org to find great local u-pick farms. And I use it just as much to learn how to freeze and store what we do pick. Start here to select your state.

DSC01628DSC01633DSC01634

2 comments:

  1. That u-pick website is perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those strawberries look absolutely delicious! We went to the website and found the perfect place for berry picking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...