Image from www.fanpop.com
- Silly Faces
- Print out these Calvin & Hobbes faces.
- Let the kids copy the facial expressions in the mirror.
- Draw feeling faces on balloons.
- Talk about what to do when we feel sad, angry, happy, scared.
- Use face pieces from Mr. Potato Man and stick them in blobs of playdoh.
- Draw eyes and nose on a large felt circle with permanent marker.
- Give the kids a piece of red yarn.
- Have the kids tell a time when they were happy & place the yarn in a smile.
- Next, share a time when they were sad & make a sad face with the yarn. Continue with other emotions.
- Let your kids copy the faces and try to think of times when they felt the same way.
snack idea: funny face cheesers (click the link for a recipe!)