Well, I apologize for the picture Actually I think my 2-year-old took it and I’m glad he did because I forgot to. These pretty, colorful eggs are easy to make and are really amazing.
- Give the kids a sheet of wax paper.
- Pick out 3 or 4 light-colored crayons and peel the paper off. They seemed to work better and were prettier with the sunlight coming through.
- Use a pencil sharpener to to make lots of crayon shavings. Just let them drop right onto the wax paper.
- Carefully move the wax paper (with the crayon shavings) to your ironing board.
- Cover with another sheet of wax paper, then with a large piece of paper. Make sure it’s totally covered because you don’t want wax paper or crayon shavings on your iron!
- Turn the steam OFF and lightly move the iron around to melt the crayon shavings. It doesn’t take very long. The longer you melt them, the more they run together.
- Let the colors cool off, then draw an egg shape with a sharpie.
- Cut out the egg and hang it in a sunny spot. They really are beautiful.